Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just a little post - and a lot of photos (and some FOs)!




This is the view of the commercial iris farm at Table Cape on Tasmania's North West Coast. This farm grows tulips, irises and oriental (Christmas) lillies. The tulips are almost finished now and the lillies yet to bloom - but the irises would make Vincent Van Gogh swoon - and the smell is divine.


We had a day out a couple of weeks ago and went to visit the lighthouse here - the irises were merely a lucky bonus!






This is the parcel a lucky tea cosy swap pal will be receiving in a few days (Australia Post willing!).





This is a secret sock - I only have one so far and have just cast on for number 2. The design and pattern are being polished and will go off to a certain on-line knitting magazine in the next few weeks!


Here are 4 felted buttonhole bags. I think I may have mentioned that I love this pattern - less than 2 evenings knitting per bag, and then felting - all but one of these are destined for giftdom.





Here is the beginning of the second swing jumper from the lovely Black-Dog-Knits ink flared sweater design. I'm knitting it in Silk Garden and there is some turquoise in some of the balls - I'm saving them for the front) the other colours are fire and metal - bronze, copper, orange, gold, yellow, rust - yummy! The silk garden is lovely to knit with - I bought it from an American ebay shop and it feels both extravagant and luxurious to make a jumper from it!

Hope to have a proper post over the weekend (or Monday at the latest!). Enjoy the weekend!

6 comments:

Rose Red said...

oooh, lots of pretties!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Bonne Chance with the pattern submission. When Fiona Ellis came to our knitting guild she recommended starting out with submissions to Interweave for the in the hands knitting mags. They tend to be the nicest when it comes to rejections.

But those are cute socks...I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Alwen said...

Oh! I love the smell of irises. That must have been incredible.

We went to the Royal Botanical Gardens in Ontario quite a while ago, and their iris test beds were so beautiful, but they were just little things compared to that field of them!

Donna Lee said...

My grandfather used to grow irises. They had such a strong smell. When he died, my husband moved some of them to our garden in memory of him and I made him move them to the way back of the yard because the smell made me twitch. Glad things are a "little slower" now with the school activities on the downswing, just in time for the holidays....

Amy Lane said...

don't Irises look slinky/sexy/pretty? I can't wait to see those socks on that certain knitting magazine...the BEST sock patterns end up there!

Nora said...

Love the SG swing thing! What colour are you using?

Nora