Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

Another FO! There has been knitting happening - instead of the lucky dip system, I actually became monogamous, and these gorgeous socks were finished.


Specs:
Pattern: Lighthouse Gansey Socks by Anne Hanson (on Knitty.com)
Yarn: Yoyo String and Fluff in Crankyberry
Sticks - 2.75mm dpns
Time - from March 3 until April 6 - in a non-monogamous fashion.



Lots of fun and an easy and satisfying knit. I may make these for the Accountant's somewhat larger feet!

In other news, as soon as daylight saving ended it got cold - I understand there was snow in the mountains, and it was necessary to wear a cardigan. Winter is not far away, and for knitters and spinners and fibre fiends in general that can mean only one thing - Bendigo wool and sheep show.

And this year, I will be going.

I have bitten the bullet and booked accommodation and one or two blogpals may be there as well.

I have put the Accountant on notice that he will be the responsible adult in the house on July 17, 18 and most of 19.

I cannot describe how much I am looking forward to this. Wool, fibre, blogpals, Ravellers and knitting - all in one place. Squeeeeeeee!

Other stuff.

I have been trying very hard to be good. And apart from a small slip off the wagon involving the very tail end of a Wollmeise update, I have been pretty good.

I have decluttered another 3 bags for Lifeline and got rid of some more - stuff - like boxes and bags and so on that have been sitting around forever. I have been doing lots of work, because my inner quality controller and work ethic will let me do no less than my best, job or no job after April 23.

I am still knitting on the ongoing projects, but when I finished the gansey socks, I cast on Blackrose (another knitty.com pattern in BMFA Raven clan, Thraven) I did the ribbing and first pattern repeat last night and it looks gorgeous. Can't wait to do some more on it.

Easter is coming, and I am fairly sure the Easter Bunny will be visiting us. I hope he visits you all too! Happy Easter! (and for pun-lovers - Hoppy Easter!)

12 comments:

2paw said...

And a Hoppy Easter to you too!! The Lighthouse socks are gorgeous!!
Wasn't it cold?? How lovely!!
Have a wonderful time anticipating your trip to Bendy. No wonder you are all elbows!!

Lynne said...

Oooh! Bendi. I went last year - three glorious [but extrememly cold and mostly wet] days. HAve a great time.

And happy Easter to you too!

Nora said...

Oh, beautiful. And just in time for the colder weather. [I'm madly knitting away on socks over here too!]

Nora

knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

Me likey dose sockies - ooh the sock-knittah in me is scratching at the schedule, trying to find time to play!!!
And oh so looking forward to BENDI!!!!
fabulosity upon splendiferousness....

Kate (Kiss My Frog) said...

So weird! I'm working on a pair of those very same socks for Tech Support (super secret stealth project for his birthday, which is why I haven't blogged it). I'll post 'em on Rav one of these days.

Can't wait to see you for really real at Bendi! Yay!

Happy Easter to you too, honey!

Rose Red said...

Ooooh Bendy. I'm hoping to get there too...s'pose I'd better confirm with the husband and actually book some accommodation before it's too late!!

The socks look great - and thank goodness I'm not the only one to fall off the wollmeise wagon lately!!

MadMad said...

The socks are beautiful! You're going to love going to the wool fair - I can't wait to head back to another. It was fun to see everything all at once, and see old and new friends, too. Such a great experience. Hoppy Easter!

Donna Lee said...

I like those socks. I've been looking for a pattern for some yarn I got that my husband likes (and said "that would make nice socks for me"). The Lighthouse pattern looks great and not too girly. Men need manly socks after all.

amy said...

A whole weekend away on your own? I have fantasies like that... I'd even take the baby, she's very agreeable. :) Have a blast!!

Leonie said...

Hoppy Easter to you too!
The socks look lovely, I've been thinking of making some for Jules once I find enough yarn, he always complains about cold feet during Autumn/Winter/Spring especially at bed time, so maybe some bed socks might be the go!
I might be able to make it to Bendy this year with some of the girls from my SnB group. I think the plan is to travel up by train. Can't wait to meet all of the bloggers and ravellers in real life :-)

(Validation word:Premo, I think Blogger agrees!!!!)

Michelle said...

Hoppy Easter to you too! The socks are splendid - rally love the colour!

You'll have fun in Bendigo, I'm sure! Who knows - may see you there.

Amy Lane said...

What awesome socks! I hope the Easter bunny left as much joy at your place as it did at mine!